This video shows you how to provide private access or logins to your customers to check on the status of their cases. Customers can also use social accounts like Facebook and Twitter in combination with Desk.com.
- [Narrator] Many companies now allow users to check…the status of their responses at a help desk.…When you enable private access,…you allow customers a more personalized experience…with your support center.…By logging into your support center, your customers…will be able to track the status of their support cases.…And depending on settings, they might be able to view…cases submitted by other people within their company.…This would be really appropriate for B to B clients.…You can set up guest access to allow guests to access…parts of the support center without having to log in.…So to get to enabling private access, you're going to go…up here to the admin menu, you're going to go to channels,…and you'll see right here is private access.…
Now there's a few different options here.…So, you're going to see right here it is not enabled.…But you have two options, so you have desk.com,…so that enables you to provide them your own username…and password.…Or they can log in with a social account,…like Facebook and Twitter.…
- Explain the process of setting up users.
- Describe the process for adding social channels.
- Summarize how custom fields enable you to capture more information and how to use them.
- Cite the benefits of using labels on cases and explain how to create them.
- Define notifications and describe how to automate them.
- Review the process for creating articles.