Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning the setup platform, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Salesforce administrators…spend a great deal of time working behind the curtain…within their organization…in order to customize the user experience…for the behavior that's desired.…So let's take a moment to focus on the fundamental elements…of the Salesforce Setup platform.…Now with Setup, you'll find what's needed to manage…and customize your org.…First of all, we're starting from the Home tab…and we need to be signed in.…And from here, let's go ahead and click on the gear cog icon…towards the upper right-hand side of the view port.…
From here then, let's click Setup.…A new tab is launched and within it,…you'll now be taken to the Setup homepage.…On the left is the Setup menu…and on the right is the main Setup window.…Now Setup has a Home tab…which is different than your Home tab…when you're working as an individual user on Salesforce.…Now then there's another tab which is the Object Manager…and that's this tab right here.…Let's go ahead and click on that.…And the Object Manager is where you can manage objects.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.