Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Leads, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Narrator] The leads data object maintains…a clean separation from the existing customers, clients,…and partners, in your Sales Force organization.…And offers an intuitive way to track prospects.…Leads within your Sales Force organization,…will allow you to maintain a list of prospects,…for the the type of outreach your organization manages.…Leads are an optional aspect of Sales Force.…You can use contacts to track people,…but Leads is a step before contacts,…for folks that aren't already doing business with you.…
The idea is to keep the data for customers, clients…or partners, separate from those,…who have not yet converted.…Access to Leads is enabled by default,…and can be hidden if you don't want it.…The nice thing about keeping it separate,…is that once prospects have become part of an outreach,…the leads who have not yet converted,…can be quickly removed from the system.…All of your Sale Force data types, called objects,…come with standard fields,…and Leads starts with a robust list of fields,…that work well for most teams,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.