Christopher explains how Quip uses it keyboard shortcuts to perform actions and cut down on mouse movements to streamline the workflow and make it faster, and explains that there is an exercise file for this movie.
- [Instructor] Quips supports shortcuts,…because they help get work done faster.…I've provided an exercise file with Quips shortcuts…that you can download for this course.…Let me show you how shortcuts work.…Let's go to a folder; I'll scroll down,…and I'll open up my private folder by clicking on it.…And then I'll open up this document: "Proposed Blog Content"…by clicking on that as well.…And, I'll put my cursor right here.…Now, I'm going to show you the 'tilde' key.…The 'tilde' key is used to rapidly cycle…through line formatting.…
Now, on most keyboards, the 'tilde' key…is on the left of the keyboard, above the 'tab' key.…So I'll go ahead and start pressing it,…and you'll notice the bubble on the right hand side,…that's the bubble right here,…is going to change every time I press the 'tilde'.…I pressed it once, and you can see the change.…Again,…and you can see how the bubble keeps changing…the formatting for that line.…When you press the 'tilde' key, you'll see…the format bubble change on the right-hand side…
- What is Quip?
- Setting up a new Quip account
- Producing living documents
- Using Quip to reduce emails and meetings
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Using Markdown to quickly format Quip documents
- Collaborating with Quip
- Using the Quip desktop app and mobile app
- Importing your files and connecting to cloud services