AuthorDuard Lynn Davis
- The value of writing proper test code
- Setting up and customizing a test factory
- Using the test factory to create test code
- Best practices for writing test code
- Adding system asserts into test code
- Advantages of custom metadata
- Writing test classes for batch Apex and @future
Skill Level Beginner
- [Lynn] One of the key features of Salesforce is the ability to use code to customize the platform to suit the needs of your organization. But testing the custom code that has been written always seems to come as an afterthought. Testing is important to your organization as the Salesforce platform continues to mature. Test code ensures that your customizations perform as expected, even when Salesforce upgrades their platform. As a developer, there are a significant number of opportunities available for writing and improving existing test code. A developer that is skilled at writing test code is a valuable asset to the organization and to the Salesforce community. Hi, I'm Lynn Davis. I've been developing code on the Salesforce platform for several years. I hope you'll join me for my course on LinkedIn Learning where you can learn how to write tests for your Salesforce organization.
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 23s
1. The Need for Tests
2. Write Tests
3. Common Concerns with Test Classes
4. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.