- [Instructor] We're now ready to install the application. If you have not already downloaded the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce Installation Guide we discussed previously, then here's a bit.ly link that will get you there, and you will want this, because there are a couple of links built in to the document that we'll want to use. This is the guide that we'll be using. We're going to go to the second page, and notice that there's a link that you can install this in production, or install the application in the sandbox.
And I want to choose production. You'll be prompted to log in. I'm being asked to verify my identity. There was a five digit code texted to my phone. So, it's nice that we actually know that it's me that is making these changes. Now, if you have installed LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce previously, you will see this screen, and you're actually being asked to upgrade. If not, you will still have a choice that says, "Choose a security level," and the choices will be the same.
Install for admins only, and you might do that if you were working in a sandbox, or just for your own use. Install for all users, which is the recommendation. Or, you could choose to install for specific profiles if you have some folks who have Sales Navigator team licenses, and others who do not. Remember that all users who are going to use Sales Navigator for Salesforce need to have a Sales Navigator team or enterprise account, or it won't work.
Again, if you're upgrading, you'll click the Upgrade button. If not, you will click this same button that will be labeled Install. And next, you're going to have one of two outcomes. One outcome is that we'll see a screen in a moment that says, "Install Complete." The other possibility is that the system is fairly busy now, a processing screen will appear, and we will then get an email when the installation completes. Part of this depends, also, on the number of users that you have, but our upgrade is all complete, so we don't have to wait 'til the processing is complete, and return later.
There's another possibility, and that possibility is that the installation will fail, and the most likely reason that it will fail is if you missed the last movie where we were adding a record type of tasks to the account, because that's necessary. So, if you get a message that begins with activities missing, organization feature, and discusses activity.recordtype, then go see the movie before this one, and then return and run your install again.
But, at some point, you will either see install complete, or upgrade complete, and you can click Done, and that was the first and easy part. We have more work to do, and I'll see you in the next movie.
- Installing the app
- Setting up folders and page layouts
- Installing CRM Sync
- Enabling write-back from Sales Navigator
- Finding and viewing leads and contacts
- Viewing accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce