Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Install the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app, part of Salesforce: LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration.
- [Instructor] We're going to begin installing the application, and I'm viewing this PDF in a browser, the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce Installation Guide. A reminder of how to get here if you don't have this available, this page will take you to the navigation guide. And if you're working with this in print, I would still encourage you to go here and to open it up, because there are links in this document that make it easier for us to do this install. We've already taken care of the prerequisites, so now we are ready to install the application.
If you're installing this in production, you'll use this link. If you're installing this in the sandbox, here. And I'm installing this in production in my environment. Make a choice about the security level. I'm going to choose to install for all users. Remembering that my "all users" is actually a subset for demonstration purposes. If you wish, you could install for specific profiles within your organization, and there's some information here and notice then I can choose the specific profiles that I want to install for.
But if I install for all users, then notice, no additional information and no additional choices. Let's click install. There are three different possibilities, three different options at this point. One is that the next screen that we'll see will say "Install Complete." That would please me. And that's what this looks like, that's great. The second possibility is that your install could take longer, and in that case, you will see a processing screen, and you'll receive an email that says it's done so that you don't need to hang out and watch and wait.
And the third possibility is that the installation could fail. For example, it could fail and it could tell you that the activities are missing, the feature for record type, and if that's the case, it'll say "Record Type Null." Then you would need to go back to the last movie because you missed enabling record types for tasks. That's the most common reason that you would have a fail at this point. This installation is complete, we're all set, and we are ready to move into setting up this application.
I'm going to click done, and I will return here to Salesforce, and it's taking me into the Lightning Experience. If you prefer the Classic Experience, you can go to your profile and choose "Switch to Salesforce Classic." And that will look like this. If it returns you to Classic and you'd prefer the Lightning Experience, go to your profile and choose "Switch to Lightning Experience." Totally up to you. With our application installed, I'll see you for setup in the next movie.
- Viewing a lead or a contact's Sales Navigator information
- Working with accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce
- Viewing a company profile for an account
- Installing the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app
- Testing the app