Learn about the data import flow through sample data that is prepared and imported using the Salesforce Data Import Wizard.
- [Instructor] Most teams have existing data…that they'd like to bring into Salesforce…from other databases and spreadsheets.…We can import up to 50,000 records…at a time into Salesforce using comma…separated values files, also known as CSV files,…and using the Salesforce Data Import Wizard.…Make sure the incoming data is…properly formatted and compare the…incoming data against the available fields in Salesforce.…Make sure the names are split into…separate first, middle and last name columns.…
Separate addresses into columns for…street address, city, state and postal code.…Separate each phone number into its own column.…If you've got a lot of records to import,…contact Salesforce support or hire a…professional to assist with preparing the file.…Sites like Fiverr.com offer help with data processing.…Fields containing dates, currency,…percentages, and numbers pose unique challenges.…Salesforce requires that these data types…be formatted properly, or the data may not import correctly.…
If the source data has issues,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.