This video addresses the introduction of external data into an organization. Also learn about the need for data quality review, and the ongoing evaluation of data quality within an organization.
- [Narrator] Most teams have existing data…that they'd like to bring into Salesforce…from other databases and spreadsheets.…We can import up to 50,000 records at a time…into Salesforce using comma separated values files,…known as CSV files, and using the Data Import Wizard.…Make sure the incoming data file is properly formatted…and compare the incoming data against…the available fields in Salesforce.…Make sure the names are split into separate…first, middle, and last name columns.…Separate addresses into columns for street address,…city, state, and postal code.…
Separate each phone number into its own column as well.…If you've got a lot of records to import,…contact Salesforce support or hire a pro…to assist with preparing the file.…Sites like fiverr.com offer help with data processing.…Fields containing dates, currency, percentages,…and numbers pose unique challenges.…Salesforce requires that these data types…be formatted properly, or the data may not import correctly.…If the source data has issues, a workaround is…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Customer Servicewith Christine Volden50m 43s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.