Explore the import of external data into Salesforce using commaseparated value files as well as import limitations and techniques for using the data import wizard within Salesforce. Also, learn about techniques for automatic field mapping.
- [Instructor] Finding new customers means expanding…the number of prospects for your marketing efforts.…Shotgun marketing isn't effective,…and you can enhance your marketing results…by importing quality data from trusted sources.…We'll use a comma-separated values file for importing data,…and most people simply call them CSV files.…Let's go ahead and minimize the browser.…I've prepared my CSV file,…and I put it here on my computer desktop…and will be importing this into Salesforce.…
Let's go ahead and have a look at it.…I'm going to resize the columns so you can see the data better.…Make sure that the names are split into separate fields,…and also separate addresses into their columns,…such as street address, city, state,…postal code, and country.…Separate each unique phone number…into its own column as well.…And you'll save time if column headings are labeled the same…as the Salesforce field names.…That way Salesforce can automate…recognizing the field mappings.…
And you should use a template.…That'll make things faster.…
- Explain how to assign a lead to a sales rep.
- Identify the location used to assign an event to a sales rep.
- Summarize the process used to import a list of leads into Salesforce.
- Recognize what is needed in order to receive the full benefits of Salesforce Chatter.
- Determine when to employ lead scoring in Salesforce.
- Recall what information is provided in a Sales Opportunity report.