Learn how to create accounts within Salesforce. Discover the importance of distinguishing accounts versus contacts in Salesforce. Accounts are companies with which a salesperson does business. Contacts are the people inside those businesses.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] In this video, we are going to cover accounts. Accounts are companies that you are doing business with, and contacts are the people who work for them. So let's look at the accounts area. We navigate here to accounts, and we can see that we have several recently added accounts. Let's look at Edge Communications. Let's say, for example, we have an upcoming meeting with Edge Communications. We can see here, there's quite a bit of information about them, a description, some information about their annual revenue, their address. We do have multiple contacts within this company, and we have several current and past opportunities.
And then you'll also see, there's numerous cases for this company. You can get quite a bit of detailed information about the client before meeting them. Now, if you wanted to create a new account, you would simply go here to new, or to this drop down, and click account. And you'll see here that this area is highlighted in red, that means it's a required area. Now, this is the only required area for me, but your sales force administrator may have other required areas for you in this section.
Now, you can put the account name here, you can put a parent account, if there is a parent company you also do business with. You can put an account number, an account sight, you can put things like type, industry... and you'll see there's a variety of other information over here. You can also put additional information, for example, if you have service level agreements at your company, you can put the expiration date in here. And, the one thing that you may not see in here, is email address. And the reason you don't see that here, is because email addresses are associated with contacts.
So let me save this. Now you'll see, I created a new account. Here's an area to create new contacts, opportunities, cases, activities, notes, and attachments. So all of those can be created, and we will talk about those in future videos. So, if we wanted to edit an account, we would click here, and we're able to edit any of these areas below. The only area we can not edit is the account owner. And this is a frequent issue in sales force, because it's very common for sales people to transfer accounts to other sales people.
So you do need to contact your sales force administrator if you need to transfer an account. So I'm gonna save that. Now, we can also delete an account if needed, we just hit the delete button. Sales force will verify, and that will show up in your recycle bin. So if you need to un-delete it, it's fairly easy as well. So that's an overview of the accounts area, and how to create and edit accounts.
- Navigating Salesforce
- Setting up your profile
- Creating accounts
- Adding contacts and leads
- Converting leads into opportunities
- Logging tasks, meetings, and activities
- Running a search
- Monitoring your dashboard
- Customizing reports