Learn how to edit a CPQ quote, how to generate a new PDF of a quote for pricing, and how to navigate to quotes through opportunities.
- [Instructor] Now, let's take a look at how quotes work within Salesforce. You can access quotes in two ways. You can access quotes in Opportunities, they are always tied to an opportunity, or you can access them through the Quote navigation bar here. So I'm going to click on Opportunities. And I can look at all of my opportunities, and I'm going to click on the first opportunity name here, and you'll see I have some information about this opportunity. And I scroll down, on the bottom I see the actual quote.
So there is a quote name and there is a quote number. And now either one of these that I click on are going to go to the same place. And we have all of the information about the quote here. So we have a little bit of a summary on the top. Here are the Quote Line Items, so this is what is specifically included in this quote. You'll see we have the product, the sales price, the quantity, the subtotal, and you have the ability to add or edit products. You'll see down here the actual quote PDF lives here, and there have been several versions created.
Maybe we're going back and forth in negotiations and we have edited this a few times. And if we scroll down to the bottom, it also shows up in the Notes and Attachments area, but you might also have additional notes and attachments for this account, because there might be legal documents or other contracts that live in there. All of your notes and attachments for this account are in that area. Okay, so now let's look at what would happen if we wanted to edit an existing quote. I'm going to scroll up to Edit Products, and you'll see here this is all of the information that is in my current quote.
So, let's say, for example, we've been negotiating and this client has specifically said, well, I need to have a 15 percent discount on this one specific product in order for me to sign off on this deal. So we can easily go up here, and we can edit and change this to 15. And I can click Save down here. Now you'll see on the top, it says one quote line item record was updated, so we know that that was updated. But if I want to save this, I need to say Create PDF.
So I'm going to click on the Create PDF button. It's going to give me a preview, to make sure that everything is correct. I do see the 15 percent discount added here. And then I have two options. I can save and email this quote directly to my client, or I can just save it. So I'm going to save this quote to my account. And I see that it showed up down here in the quotes in PDF area, there is a version five, right here. And if I scroll down, it also shows up in the Notes and Attachments area, as well.
So that's a quick overview of how to edit and work with quotes within Salesforce CPQ.
- Name the file type that a Salesforce CPQ price quote is saved as.
- Recall what type of company Salesforce CPQ is best suited for.
- Recognize how quotes work in CPQ.
- Explain what a bundle is.
- Explain how to create a new quote.