In this video, a Salesforce health check is performed to review the state of the account.
- [Instructor] There's a cool tool for reviewing the health of Salesforce account. As an admin, you can use Health Check to locate and mend sensitive vulnerabilities in the security of your account. Let's see how Health Check works. First, we'll need to be signed in. We're starting from the Home tab, then we'll head over to the gear cog icon; we'll click on that. Then we'll click on set up. Over here on the left hand side, we'll type in the word health in the quick find. Then we'll click on Health Check.
After a moment a score is presented. Now here we have a score in our account of 77%. The Health Check score is calculated using a proprietary method set up by Salesforce and measured against Salesforce's baseline standards. If your account meets or exceeds a standard in all categories, then you reach 100%. By default, a new Salesforce account has an initial score below 100% and in this case, well below 100%. Some aspects of a new account is not as tightly secured as you might want them to be, such as the password complexity policy.
We can see from the dashboard that there are some settings that should probably be tightened down. We can scroll through and we can see some areas that are critical, that are warnings, or that are compliant. This app suggests what is required to improve the security standards of the account. Now bear in mind, making any change should involve your understanding the feature being changed. So balance the risk versus convenience, such as requiring users to log in from specific IP ranges, that may limit their ability to use the account on the go, such as at a hotel or public place.
Now let's go ahead and fix everything and see what happens. We'll click, fix risks, and this pop-up appears. We can go ahead and check this box at the top. And we can scroll through and verify all the things that we're changing. Let's go ahead and uncheck this box, which will allow people to continue to log in when they're on the go and then we'll go ahead and click on change settings. Let's go ahead and confirm out decision, we'll click on yes, change settings.
And now our score is 99%, which is really great. Using the Health Check tool, will quickly flush out any issues with your security on your account set-up, and it will help save time, having to manually change these settings. Most importantly, it'll help keep fraudsters and hackers away from your data.
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies