Learn about how to handle user login challenges with Salesforce.
- [Narrator] One of the most essential administrative tasks…will be the handling of user login challenges.…These can range from password resets to session timeouts.…Let's first cover a password reset.…We're signed in at the home tab.…Let's click on the gear cog icon up here at the top right…and we'll click setup.…Then we want to type the word users…in the quick find search tool.…And then let's go ahead and click users.…
Now let's select the user who's having the login issue,…that's Wayne Chen.…And then let's scroll down…and take a look at the login history.…Here in the login history we can see…that Wayne's forgotten his password.…Let's go ahead and scroll up…and reset the password.…We'll click reset password right here.…And we'll go ahead and click this confirming dialogue.…And now Wayne has received a new password…and can reset the password via an email link.…
Logins can be restricted in a multiple number of ways,…including the use of IP ranges…and time of day.…Anytime a user says they're having issues logging in,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.