- [Instructor] Not all relationships last forever,…so it's important to know how to handle former users.…Let's talk a little bit…about deactivating users within Salesforce.…First of all, you can't delete users from Salesforce,…but you can deactivate them.…We'll see how to accomplish this,…plus what occurs to all the data…that the user has assigned to them.…When someone leaves a position on a team,…you don't want the data that they managed…to become orphaned, stale, ignored, or lost in the shuffle.…Deleting that data means that there will be a loss…of substantial investment of time and money…and potentially abandoned future business opportunities,…and we don't want that.…
Deactivating the user removes login access…and the protects the records that the former user managed.…I really hope that everyone's a professional…and an honest person, but it's not a good idea…to inform someone that they're being laid off…and still allow them continued and unmonitored access…to sensitive company information.…Let's see how to deactivate a user.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Explain Salesforce editions and cloud types.
- Describe Salesforce Chatter features.
- Outline the Salesforce access permission features.
- Summarize lead functionality in Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce assignment and escalation rules.
- Construct Salesforce objects using relationships and schemas.
- Demonstrate formatting and interactivity in Salesforce reports.
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.