Learn how to handle former users in a Salesforce account.
- Not all relationships last forever…so it's important to know how to handle former users.…Let's talk a bit about deactivating users within Salesforce.…You can't delete users from a Salesforce…account, but you can deactivate them.…We'll see how to accomplish this,…plus we'll see what occurs to all the data…that the user has assigned to them.…When someone leaves a position on a team,…you don't want the data they managed…to become orphaned, stale, ignored, or lost in the shuffle.…Deleting that data could mean the…loss of a substantial investment,…and potentially abandoned future business.…
Deactivating the user removes login access…and protects the records that the former user managed.…We'd hope that everyone is a professional…and honest individual, but it's not a good idea…to inform someone that they're being laid off…and allow them continued and unmonitored access…to sensitive business information.…Let's deactivate a user, we'll start by being signed-in,…and we're starting at the home tab.…And then we'll go ahead and click on the gear cog icon…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.