The Instructor explains the benefits of registering for a free trial Salesforce account if you are new to the product. Experienced admins should also review a trial account since existing organization accounts may be customized in ways that differ from the standard canvas. The Instructor also directs you to where to set up a Playground and Developer Edition account.
- [Instructor] If you're studying…for a Salesforce Certified Administrator exam,…and you've come this far…without ever having touched Salesforce before,…let's go ahead and take the leap and dive right in.…Test-driving Salesforce is a must…before you schedule your exam.…You can sign up for a trial account,…you can sign up for a free developer account,…and you can also get a Trailhead Playground account.…These all offer the same opportunity…to use an actual Salesforce account, with limits,…to explore and to learn.…
There's no commitment or payment required…to get a trial account…and all you need is an email…and a few details about yourself.…A trial account is a full-fledged account valid…for 14 days,…and it gives you real experience,…not just book knowledge.…Let's head over to Salesforce…and see how you can register for a trial account.…So we're starting out at Salesforce.com…and when you're at this page,…head over to the login link…here on the right-hand side.…
When you hover over that,…then go ahead and click login.…
- Determine the process by which the certification is administered.
- Identify the time and cost of the certification exam.
- Explore the options available on where to take the exam.
- Define the contents of the certification exam guide.
- Examine the components of the Salesforce Trailhead.
- Determine the available options for working with a study partner when preparing for the exam.
- Identify the benefits to using flashcards when studying for the exam.
- Devise a plan for taking the official practice test when preparing for the exam.
- Identify the steps to for scheduling the exam.