Learn how to use an existing Salesforce report to filter data and generate a new report.
- [Instructor] Sometimes data within a Salesforce report…needs to be filtered to display…only results relevant to you.…Making predictive decisions about data…is enhanced by using smarter reports…that present only the data that's needed.…We're signed in, and we're on the home tab in Salesforce.…Let's click on the app launcher,…and then we'll click on reports.…Let's select a report.…We'll go ahead and use the All Leads report.…Now from here, let's clone this report,…and then we'll edit the clone and not the original report.…
We'll pull this menu down here,…then we'll click clone, and we'll give this clone a name.…(keyboard taps)…Then we'll put it in a folder.…Then we'll click create.…From here, we can start editing,…let's go ahead and click edit.…This is the filter section.…We can select things like…the ownership of the particular record,…or we can adjust things from the date field filters as well.…
We have these filters that we can use.…What we're going to be doing is adding field filters.…We'll click on add, and what we'll do is,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.