Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Field-level security, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead…and dive right into field-level security.…Field-level security allows you…to control data visibility right at the field level.…And this is important for organizations…with very sensitive data.…Think things like bank account numbers,…socials, phone numbers, and things like that.…And when we don't want the field accessible…to every single person in our organization,…that's when you're going to want to make sure…that it's a little bit more restricted.…Now, I have certain fields I don't want users…in the sales team to edit,…but they can look at them.…
Field-level security allows me…to master this challenge based on a user's profile.…Profile determines the baseline access…that an individual has within the Salesforce system…that rises up above the organization-wide defaults.…Organization-wide defaults establishes data visibility…for records that a user does not personally own.…Plus, a role hierarchy allows the manager…to open up access to records for the subordinates…of executives and other managers within a team.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.