Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Field-level security, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead…and dive right into field-level security.…Field-level security allows you…to control data visibility right at the field level.…And this is important for organizations…with very sensitive data.…Think things like bank account numbers,…socials, phone numbers, and things like that.…And when we don't want the field accessible…to every single person in our organization,…that's when you're going to want to make sure…that it's a little bit more restricted.…Now, I have certain fields I don't want users…in the sales team to edit,…but they can look at them.…
Field-level security allows me…to master this challenge based on a user's profile.…Profile determines the baseline access…that an individual has within the Salesforce system…that rises up above the organization-wide defaults.…Organization-wide defaults establishes data visibility…for records that a user does not personally own.…Plus, a role hierarchy allows the manager…to open up access to records for the subordinates…of executives and other managers within a team.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Explain Salesforce editions and cloud types.
- Describe Salesforce Chatter features.
- Outline the Salesforce access permission features.
- Summarize lead functionality in Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce assignment and escalation rules.
- Construct Salesforce objects using relationships and schemas.
- Demonstrate formatting and interactivity in Salesforce reports.
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.