Learn about field-level security within a Salesforce account.
- [Instructor] Field level security allows…you to control data visibility at the field level.…This is important for organizations with very…sensitive data and when we don't want…the field accessible to everyone.…I have certain fields that I don't want users…in the sales team to edit, and field-level security…allows me to master this challenge based…on a users profile.…Profiles determine the baseline access…and organization-wide defaults establish…data visibility for records that a user does not own.…Plus, a role hierarchy to open access to records…of the subordinates of executives…and managers within a team.…
Now, let's check out field-level security.…We'll need to be signed in…and we're starting from the Home tab.…Then let's click on the gear cog icon on the top right…and we'll click Setup.…And then we'll type Sharing Settings here in the quick find.…Then we'll click Sharing Settings…and then let's edit the organization-wide defaults.…Now, we're going to set the organization-wide default…for Leads to Private and this prevents users…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.