- [Instructor] Write back from Sales Navigator to Salesforce is optional. What it does is it allows you to save the information that your users create in Sales Navigator either here in the browser or on a mobile app so that they can send their InMails, messages and notes back to Salesforce. Then at that point we have a two-way sync between these two applications. We're in Sales Navigator, we would choose Admin, Admin Settings to pop this page open.
And to set up write back or to modify anything with our integration between Salesforce and Sales Navigator from here, we click this Change button, scroll down and the question is do we enable Sales Navigator data to sync back to our CRM? If we want to install that write back, we simply click and then you can choose what items you actually want to write back.
Now, to be clear, your user will always have the opportunity to opt out on a message-by-message or InMail-by-InMail basis. There's a check box that they can check to say that they want to send something back to Salesforce or they don't want to send something back. So, this is enabling write back. This isn't mandating write back. And if we want to test this, we can click Test Write-Back and Sales Navigator is creating a sample contact that we can then view in Salesforce by clicking View in CRM.
Remember, I'm already logged into Salesforce right here, so even though it's opening a new tab, I'm not being asked to log in again. But if we scroll down, this is the test that this user, we have a message from Sales Navigator, an InMail from Sales Navigator, call from Sales Navigator and so on and notes. So, by enabling write back, we've made it easy for our users to be able to work either in Sales Navigator or in Salesforce whichever's their preference and know that the work that they do in one will automatically be propagated to the other.
- Installing the app
- Setting up folders and page layouts
- Installing CRM Sync
- Enabling write-back from Sales Navigator
- Finding and viewing leads and contacts
- Viewing accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce