- [Instructor] Here we are in Salesforce. I'm working in Classic view, remember that you can switch back and forth between Classic and Lightning on the drop down, and I will show you some features using Lightning later in the course, but I'm going to use the Classic interface for now. We need to ensure that records types for tasks are enabled before we can install the app for Sales Navigator for Salesforce. So, we will go to Setup, scroll down to Build, open up Customize, open up Activities, and go to Task Record Types, and we already have record type for task enabled, but if we did not, what we would do is we'd click the New button, and the existing record type is Master.
We would add a task label, a task name of Task, and make this active, and then we would need to enable this for any of the profiles that would be using the task record type. For sure the administrator profile down here, but anyone else who would also be using the task record type. When we're all done, we would click Next, and apply the task layout to all profiles, and save it.
This work has been done already, and the result is that when we look at our task record types, we have Task right here. So, if you already have Task, if this has already been added by yourself, or another system admin, you're all set. If not, make sure you have a record type for tasks. I'll see you in the next movie.
- Installing the app
- Setting up folders and page layouts
- Installing CRM Sync
- Enabling write-back from Sales Navigator
- Finding and viewing leads and contacts
- Viewing accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce