In this video, learn how to interact with Salesforce data when using external email.
- [Male Voiceover] Let's see how Salesforce…let's us track our emails that we send…with external email applications and…makes them sticky to records in Salesforce…so that any emails we send from our regular inbox…will be recorded over to our Salesforce records…to collect all our important information in one place.…We'll need to have our external email inbox open…for this demonstration and I'll be using Gmail.…We'll first need to set up our email to Salesforce…email address so let's head over to the gear cog icon…here on the right hand side, we'll click it.…
We'll click on setup and then in the quick find,…we'll type in email then we'll click on…email to Salesforce, we'll click edit.…We'll activate the feature then we'll click save…then we'll click this button and…the team has been notified that we've enabled this feature.…Now let's head over to our inbox.…Let's go ahead and open up the email…and we'll click this link to set up the feature.…
So right here is our email to Salesforce address.…Here we'll enter the from emails we use to…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Customer Servicewith Christine Volden50m 43s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.