This video explains how to manage donations within Salesforce.
- [Instructor] Salesforce with Nonprofit Success Pack…makes tracking donations easy.…Let's cover the following donation types.…We'll cover a general donation, recurring donations,…soft credits, grants, in-kind gifts, major gifts,…matching gifts, and memberships.…A donation is associated with a contact,…so let's click on the Contacts tab…and we'll select a contact.…Then we'll click New Donation from the right.…
Let's complete the details in the box that pops up.…An Opportunity Name fills automatically…for tracking purposes.…The Close Date is when we'd expect to receive the donation…and here's the Stage.…The current stage can be changed.…Now, Posted means we've received the money…and there are other stages here as well.…Then we can go ahead and fill in the amount.…Optionally, we can add a campaign name to the donation…for tracking purposes.…
Then let's click Save.…After saving, Salesforce adds a payment record…that displays in the Household Donation list section.…Let me show it to you.…Let's scroll back up…and let's click on the Related tab.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Customer Servicewith Christine Pereira50m 43s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.