The lead is the most difficult object to manage. This video reviews the concept and purpose of the lead.
- [Instructor] In this next video I will be helping you…to define the lead.…First, the lead concept must be defined…and understood by your organization…before implementing the design in Salesforce.…Leads are the most difficult object…to understand for many reasons.…The first question should be what is the purpose…of the lead for your organization?…Is it to manage prospects?…Drive sales?…Establish closer relationships?…Target your message for prospects?…Let's go to the org and take a look.…Now that we're on the lead layout I would like to point out…that it should be clean, functional,…and streamlined, with every field used…to push the lead to convert to an account,…a contact, or an opportunity,…or a nurturing marketing process.…
Once a lead is understood using the standard fields,…some of the key questions you will want to address…via the lead layout are below…in the sales lead success checklist section.…Just like a pilot or surgeon will want to check down…their processes before flight or operation,…sales should also address key questions…
- Tracking leads, accounts, and contacts
- Defining a lead
- Preparing a Lead score threshold
- Lead channels
- Lead assignment rules
- Lead qualification status
- Lead record types
- Lead conversion mapping
- Lead source overview
- Validation rules
- Establishing a feedback loop
- Using AppExchange
- Merging duplicate records
Skill Level Advanced
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
Microsoft Dynamics 365 First Lookwith Gini von Courter19m 40s Beginner
1. Understanding Leads
2. Working with Leads
3. Managing Leads
4. Managing Your Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.