Review two options for deduping a lead during the lead creation and conversion process.
- [Instructor] For this next video, we're going to be…discussing how to de-dupe a record during…the conversion process.…Salesforce offers a number of different options.…We're going to discuss two of those today.…So let's start by going to Mike Braund.…Now let's review what the first option is.…So before we begin to find duplicates,…I want to explain that duplicates can happen…for many reasons.…There may be a sales rep calling into a territory at…the same time that marketing is running a campaign,…or the prospect may have used a web-to-lead process…by requesting a demo or white sheet,…and they called in the next day.…
The best time to reduce duplicate records is before you…convert a lead to a an account contact and opportunity,…and to manage duplicates after converting a lead…is not a practice that's sustainable or scalable.…In other words, a bad practice that should be avoided…through standards and practice.…So let's discuss the first one.…The first one is this button over here.…If you look at the lead detail,…
- Tracking leads, accounts, and contacts
- Defining a lead
- Preparing a Lead score threshold
- Lead channels
- Lead assignment rules
- Lead qualification status
- Lead record types
- Lead conversion mapping
- Lead source overview
- Validation rules
- Establishing a feedback loop
- Using AppExchange
- Merging duplicate records
Skill Level Advanced
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
Microsoft Dynamics 365 First Lookwith Gini von Courter19m 40s Beginner
1. Understanding Leads
2. Working with Leads
3. Managing Leads
4. Managing Your Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.