Join Duard Lynn Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging and logging comparison, part of Learning Salesforce.com Development.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to look…at the topic of debugging and logging.…I consider them sort of separate…and sort of similar.…Debugging is where I am a developer,…I'm going through my code, I'm trying…to figure out what's wrong, why something's not doing…the way it's supposed to be doing it.…So, I'm going to be adding debug statements…to my code, I'm going to be looking…to see what the system thinks…the values are, because I know what I think they…are, but the code's not executing correctly.…Logging, to me, is the capability…to capture additional information.…
So for example, if we have a user named Joe…and Joe is running the class, and the class fails…on occasion, what I'd really like…to know is, why is it failing?…So I can actually create a log,…specify that Joe's going to be the user,…specify the period of time that…the log is going to be active,…and then I can capture exactly what Joe…is doing and find out if it's a user error…or if he has actually found a bug in my system.…So to me, those are a little bit different.…
AuthorDuard Lynn Davis
- How Apex works
- Bulkification and triggers
- Systematically debugging your code
- Sets, lists, and maps
- Trigger and trigger handlers
- Batch Apex
- Debugging and logging
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Environment
2. Sets, Lists, and Maps
3. Trigger and Trigger Handlers
4. Batch Apex
5. Debugging and Logging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.