Learn how to develop unique page layouts for an organization.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about customizing record…and home page layouts.…Teams have specific needs such as wanting…to make their SalesForce account pages look…like a legacy system's user interface,…or to adjust the page layouts based on a team's preferences.…It's easy and there's no programming.…We'll need to be signed in…and we're starting from the Home tab.…Let's head over to the Leads tab and we'll pull…up the first lead on the list.…This is a lightning page,…and a lightning page layout is a collection of components…that are displayed using a template.…
Most of these pages have a header,…a subhead, a body, and a side bar,…and this first section is called a highlights panel.…Below that is called the sales path, which is a ribbon,…and it only shows on leads and opportunities pages.…Here are the tabs, and below that are the activities,…and below that is the body, and to the right…of the body are related lists.…Now let's see how easy it is to change this page,…we'll click on the gear cog icon here on the top right,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.