Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Custom buttons and links, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Salesforce allows administrators…like yourself to accomplish a team's business needs…through customization, and this is one…of the key benefits of using Salesforce.…Let's check out custom buttons and links,…and we'll show you how to use them.…We'll streamline workflows with this.…We can add custom buttons, links,…and places of interest within Salesforce layouts…so that users can quickly access…your internal or external URLs like help pages,…or they can launch custom website links as well.…
There's three main types.…There's a detail page link which appears…in the links section of the record page.…The record page is where you're looking…at a record like a lead or an account.…There's a detail page button which appears…in the action menu in the highlights panel…and a list button which appears…on the related lists within a page layout.…And I'll explain to you how to make one of each of these.…So let's go for it!…First, we have to be signed in,…and then you're starting out on the home tab.…And then from here, you'll go ahead…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.