In this video, author Christine Pereira demonstrates how to convert a lead into an opportunity. Learn to connect the opportunity to the opportunity name to keep track of your sales opportunities.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] In this video we're going to convert a lead into an opportunity. So let's look at Lisa Page. So I met Lisa at a networking event and I was able to get her business card but I was not able to qualify her as an opportunity. So I logged the history here, I had an introductory meeting with her, and I also set up follow up activity, to follow up to call her to qualify her. So I just had that call and she is indeed interested in our product and services, and I'm going to say this is completed.
Now you'll see that that moves from Open Activities to Activity History. Now I'm going to click the Convert button to convert this from a lead into an opportunity. Now I have a few options here, by default Salesforce will always name the opportunity name with the name of the account but I want to put a little more detail because I'm hoping that there's many future opportunities with this client. So I'm going to name it Company Name plus Summer 2016 and I have the opportunity to create a follow up task, which is very common once you've qualified someone from a lead into an opportunity, but I've just talked to this person so I don't need to do that in this instance.
So I'm going to click Convert and you'll see that three things were actually created here. You'll see this account was created, H+Sport. You will see a new contact was created, Lisa Page, and you'll see an opportunity was created for H+Sport Summer 2016. Now if I click on Lisa's detail, you'll also see the same Activity History that was on the lead previously. All of that information has carried over.
Again, three objects are created once a lead converts into an opportunity. The opportunity itself, the account which is the company, and the contact which is the person that you were dealing with at that company.
- Navigating Salesforce
- Setting up your profile
- Creating accounts
- Adding contacts and leads
- Converting leads into opportunities
- Logging tasks, meetings, and activities
- Running a search
- Monitoring your dashboard
- Customizing reports