What type of data can be captured about your customers and cases in Desk.com? This video tutorial explains how to capture data with custom filters in Desk.com—the customer support software from Salesforce.
- [Narrator] Desk.com allows you to capture…a lot of essential customer information,…such as email, phone number, and company information.…However, if your company wants to capture more information,…that is a job for custom fields.…You can create up to 25 custom fields for customers…and companies, and up to 50 custom fields for cases.…Let's set up a custom field now.…We're going to go up to the hamburger menu and select Admin.…We're going to select Cases on the top nav and then we're going…to select Cases again on the left hand side navigation.…
Now, you'll see here I've already created two custom fields.…Let's look at how to create a new one.…I'm going to click Add Field…and custom fields are very typically created…for specific products, so I'm going to name my product here.…Let's say it's bracelets.…And then you're going to want a Key here,…so you can say bracelets_field…and then you have a few options.…You can select Text, you can select a Number,…so if that's like a product ID number,…True/False, a Date, or a List.…
- Explain the process of setting up users.
- Describe the process for adding social channels.
- Summarize how custom fields enable you to capture more information and how to use them.
- Cite the benefits of using labels on cases and explain how to create them.
- Define notifications and describe how to automate them.
- Review the process for creating articles.