Join Duard Lynn Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Best practice, part of Learning Salesforce.com Development.
- [Instructor] Okay, now we're ready to get into…actually doing some coding.…So we've talked about the various aspects of Apex,…the limitations, sets, maps, lists, triggers,…multiplication of triggers.…So we're going to start right there,…we're going to start with the trigger.…And what I want to do is talk about…the best practice of a trigger.…It's important that you be able to write the code…and you be able to accomplish the task…that you're trying to do,…but it's just as important that somebody can come along,…a month, two months, a year later,…and figure out what you actually did,…and either be able to add to it, or modify it,…or fix possibly a bug that may be there.…
So a best practice for a trigger…is following this pattern right here.…You have a trigger where you've got the Account trigger,…it's on the object,…and you go ahead and deal with all seven of those triggers,…remember: on delete, after insert,…after un-delete, after update,…before delete, before insert, before update.…You want to be able to handle all seven of those triggers,…
AuthorDuard Lynn Davis
- How Apex works
- Bulkification and triggers
- Systematically debugging your code
- Sets, lists, and maps
- Trigger and trigger handlers
- Batch Apex
- Debugging and logging
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Environment
2. Sets, Lists, and Maps
3. Trigger and Trigger Handlers
4. Batch Apex
5. Debugging and Logging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.