Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Before you install the app, part of Salesforce: LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration.
- Before we can install Sales Navigator for Sales Force integration, we need to make sure that record type for tasks are enabled. And we'll do this on setup, in the left pane. We'll scroll down to build, open up customize, open activities, choose task record types, and you'll notice that I have already activated this. If you were coming in here for the first time, you would click new, and you would enter here Task, task again and make this active, and then you would enable, minimally, for the system administrator profile.
And then click next. And on the next page, then, if you had multiple profiles, you would apply one layout to all profiles task and click the save button. Because I have already been here, all I can really do is edit this. And I won't be allowed to delete it because, of course, the task record type is used by many, many other activities within Sales Force. During my Sales Force installation, record type for tasks was enabled for all profiles.
And if that is true for you, then you're in great shape going forward. However, if you have some profiles that have record types for tasks enabled and some others that don't, remember that you need to ensure that the system admin profile has it enabled and, further, if you're using the enhanced profile user interface, you'll want to make sure that you document which profiles you have enabled record type for tasks for. Because you will need to further tweak those profiles when you set up after the installation of the app itself.
- Viewing a lead or a contact's Sales Navigator information
- Working with accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce
- Viewing a company profile for an account
- Installing the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app
- Testing the app