Learn what you need to do with large data sets that would overwhelm the execution governor limits.
- [Instructor] Okay, switching gears here a little bit.…We're going to talk about Batch Apex…and why you would use that…when doing your development.…Okay, Batch Apex is a way for you to…take processes that are either long-running processes…that are processing thousands of records of data…or they have some very intense…mathematical computations that just…take a long time to run.…So it's Salesforce's way of saying, look,…we are going to allow you to do this…but you're going to have to chunk it up…into manageable pieces…and then you're going to have to…take those pieces and execute them one at a time.…
So the nice thing is…Salesforce provides that framework.…There's a few setup things you have to do…but once you've done that,…you can fire the code off…and it will run in a batch mode in the background.…Benefits they give you,…they increase your SOQL query limit…from 100 to 200 so when you're running…in a batch mode,…each thread gets 200 SOQL query limits…instead of the traditional hundred.…The DML is the same,…so they don't want you creating a bunch of records…
AuthorDuard Lynn Davis
- How Apex works
- Bulkification and triggers
- Systematically debugging your code
- Sets, lists, and maps
- Trigger and trigger handlers
- Batch Apex
- Debugging and logging
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Environment
2. Sets, Lists, and Maps
3. Trigger and Trigger Handlers
4. Batch Apex
5. Debugging and Logging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.