Join Duard Lynn Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Batch Apex demo, part of Learning Salesforce.com Development.
- [Instructor] At this point,…we're going to do a Batch Apex demo.…So we're going to do it on the account object,…because our org has a limited number of accounts in it,…and we're going to go through the accounts…and modify them in a certain way.…So let's switch over to Salesforce,…and I'll go to my account.…So I'm looking at this account,…I'm looking for something to do.…And what I'm going to do in this case…is I'm going to take the account number,…which in this case is 35, and I'm going to copy it…to my Account Text Info Two location.…Now one of the things you'll need to know…in the code is what those API names are.…
So if you come over here and click on View Fields,…it'll bring up this tab,…and you'll be able to see those fields.…So the API name for Account Text Info is highlighted…there in blue, it's the Account Text Info Two.…And then the account number is just…AccountNumber as the API name.…So now that we know those, let's go over to our code,…and our code, we're going to need to be able…to create the controller, the schedule, and the loader.…
AuthorDuard Lynn Davis
- How Apex works
- Bulkification and triggers
- Systematically debugging your code
- Sets, lists, and maps
- Trigger and trigger handlers
- Batch Apex
- Debugging and logging
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
1. Introduction to Environment
2. Sets, Lists, and Maps
3. Trigger and Trigger Handlers
4. Batch Apex
5. Debugging and Logging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.