In this video, learn the basic navigation of Desk.com and how agents are different than administrators.
- [Instructor] Let's take a few minutes to understand…the basic navigation in desk.com.…So I've just logged into my account,…and you'll see right here that I am in the Next Gen console.…Now if I go up here, to the upper left hand side,…this is what desk.com refers to as the hamburger.…Yes, the hamburger is the actual name of this menu item…in the upper left hand side of the screen.…I don't know who came up with that name,…but at least it keeps things interesting.…So you'll see there, there's a couple of different options.…So right now, I'm in the Next Gen Agent.…
Now, if you're familiar with Salesforce and their CRM tool,…they have what's called Salesforce Lightning…which is the new updated interface.…This is very similar to Lightning.…Now if I navigate to Classic Agent,…you'll see it's the older interface.…The same with salesforce.com if you look at their…classic view, it looks very similar to this.…Now if I want to go back, I just go up here,…and I go back to Next Gen Agent.…And we have a few other options here.…
- Explain the process of setting up users.
- Describe the process for adding social channels.
- Summarize how custom fields enable you to capture more information and how to use them.
- Cite the benefits of using labels on cases and explain how to create them.
- Define notifications and describe how to automate them.
- Review the process for creating articles.