Learn how to back up an entire Salesforce account.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about the often…ignored subject of data backups.…Data is precious.…Personal computer hard drives can fail at any time,…are prone to damage, and are made to be…very low cost but not to last.…A compelling reason to use the Cloud…for data storage is the server maintenance…including hardware and backups is handled by experts.…Salesforce is a Cloud computing solution…for storing your valuable data,…and the great news is that Salesforce maintains…automatic backups of their customer data…which can be recovered.…
It's still a great idea to regularly backup…work data locally so that you can restore it…and avoid having to rely on Salesforce backups.…There are a number of ways to export…and store data for safekeeping.…You can simply rely on Salesforce in the event…you need to restore data.…You can make reports and then export data using…a CSV or Excel file.…You can Salesforce as data loader to export…object data and then save it.…And my favorite is you can use the native…backup feature within Salesforce to request…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.