Learn how to customize or create new apps within Salesforce.
- [Instructor] In Salesforce,…an app is a collection of components that can include…tabs, reports, dashboards, and custom pages called…visual force pages designed for user's specific needs.…There are standard apps which can be customized…or new apps can be added by us…to focus on a business process.…Now we're signed in and we're at the home tab,…we'll go ahead and check out apps,…let's click on the app launcher here on the left hand side.…And then we can see here…all the apps that are in our account.…We can pick an app, and selecting an app…changes the look of the screen and the available tabs.…
Now the underlying data is always there,…the app controls what's visible right now.…We can always customize existing apps as well.…Now let's add a new app for the outside sales team…to have them focus on just leads.…We'll go ahead and click on the gear cog icon…and we'll click set up.…We'll type app in the quick find, over here, A-P-P,…now keep in mind I've got two tabs open right now,…on the left tab I'm still in Sales force…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.