Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video App setup: Account and Opportunity page layouts (Lightning), part of Salesforce: LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration.
- Our next piece of setup is to add the company profiles to the Page Layouts for Accounts and Opportunities. In the same way that we added the company profiles and the member profiles to the Lead and Contact Page Layouts. So we know how to do this, we did it in the last movie. Go to Setup. Go to Customize. And in the case of Accounts and Opportunities, here they are. And here are the Page Layouts. Just as they were for Leads.
However I'd also like to show you what it looks like to do this if you're using Salesforce Lightning. I'm going to switch to Lightning and I'll do that by clicking on the down arrow next to my name and Switch to the Lightning experience. This is a newer Salesforce experience. It looks a little bit different. Yeah And I'm going to click Setup which is the gear right here. And choose Setup. If you're not familiar you can spend a little bit of time looking around here. But I want to go directly to the Object Manager.
And here are my Accounts. And if I choose Account and just scroll down my page I'll also see Opportunities. I need to add the Linked-In company profile to both of those. Let's start with Account. Page Layouts. Account Layout. And from this point forward this is going to look incredibly familiar. I'm going to scroll down and drop a section in underneath the Account information and above the address.
Here's my new section. My section is going to be LinkedIn Company Page. Detail 1-Column No editing OK Scroll down to Visualforce Pages. There's my Account LinkedIn Company Page. Drop it here. Change the properties.
Just as I did when I was adding my Visualforce pages for Leads. OK Save After I've modified my Page Layout I should be returned to this page. If it sticks a little bit and you wonder if it's done, you think it should be, then you can return to the Object Manager. Go back to Account and to Page Layouts and notice that your Page Layouts indeed have been modified. There's my modification to my Account Layout.
I still need to modify my Account (Sales) Layout. I'm not going to touch the other two custom layouts. And when I'm done with that then I'll need also to do the layouts for Opportunity. These are in alphabetical order so you'll find Opportunity right here. They're sorted by label currently. Choose Page Layouts and again the two that I will modify in exactly the same way to add in the components for my integration with Sales Navigator is the Opportunity Layout and the Opportunity (Sales) Layout.
And at that point I'm done. I'm going to modify these other three layouts offline. If you're working along with me I'd suggest that you do the same. Either way, I'll see you in the next movie.
- Viewing a lead or a contact's Sales Navigator information
- Working with accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce
- Viewing a company profile for an account
- Installing the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app
- Testing the app