This video explains Affiliations and the benefits of using them through an example of how it works. Learn about how relationships can be identified within the system.
- [Instructor] People in organizations…have different interactions…and those interactions form specific types of relationships.…So what do you do if you'd like to remember…the complex relationships between people…and organizations and between two people?…Salesforce has got you covered…with affiliations and relationships.…These are data management tools unique…to the nonprofit success pack.…Let's first review these two beneficial tools…and then have a look at them.…An affiliation is a custom Salesforce data object that…tracks relationships between contacts and organizations.…
It's not uncommon in the nonprofit world…for individuals to have relationships…with more than one company at the same time.…And while a contact to account relationship…is a one to one data tracking mechanism,…you can add an affiliation between one contact…and one or many accounts.…Affiliations track active or past connections…between your contacts and organizations.…While affiliations track contact…to organization connections, relationships is another…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Customer Servicewith Christine Volden50m 43s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.