What is an assignment rule in Salesforce Service Cloud? How are cases assigned automatically? Check out this video to learn more about case automation for Service Cloud.
- [Instructor] Now that you are familiar with automation of cases, let's create one of the most common rules, an assignment rule. This rule allows you to automatically assign a case to a specific person, team or group of people. In this example, let's create a rule that assigns all new cases in California to service reps who are also in California. So, to set up an assignment rule, we're going to navigate to the setup area. And the easiest thing is just to start typing in, "case assignment rules" and it will pop up.
There we go. Case assignment rules. Now, we're going to create new. And we're going to call this California Reps Assignment. And you'll see here, we can make it active. Right now, we'll just leave it in draft form. Hit Save. And now when we click on it, we can select specific rules. So, sort order is one. That's going to be the first priority. And we're going to select the field here.
Run this rule if these criteria are met. So we're going to look at the case contact and their state equals California. And if it does meet that requirement, we are going to assign it to this specific rep. And we're going to hit Save. Now this rep assignment rule has been created. As you can see, you can also create rules based on other criteria.
Anything that's in this drop-down menu can be selected so you can create rules based on specific teams, specific times, basically anything in this drop-down menu. So that's how you create an assignment rule. Now you can set up multiple assignment rules for your service cloud account.
- Define a case.
- Describe how to add an assignment rule.
- Differentiate between email-to-case, on-demand-email-to-case, and webmail-to-case.
- Explain case teams and when to add them.
- Summarize knowledge articles and how to build a knowledge base.