Learn how to activate and configure the Chatter tool for collaboration with users, customers, and external team members.
- [Instructor] Salesforce Chatter is a suite…of social media feeds in Salesforce…that fosters collaboration and is…accessible by both the users in your team,…and outside people, such as customers.…Salesforce Chatter user accounts…are free and can be deployed to hundreds of people,…and it's a secure environment.…Now here's a sample of a Chatter feed.…It looks a lot like a social…media platform, and that's by design.…Chatter is enabled by default,…but you can customize it for your needs.…
Let's head up to the gear cog icon, here.…We'll click on that and then we'll click Setup.…Then we'll type Chatter in the…quick find search tool, here on the left-hand side.…Let's start with the Chatter settings.…Then we can click Edit.…The first check-box controls if…Chatter is activated and available within this organization.…Here's all the settings for…Chatter that customize the personality of this feature.…There's sections to edit group posting options.…
There's sections to edit rich…link previews, emoticons,…coworker invitations, customer invitations,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.