Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Accounts and Contacts, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Narrator] So let's talk about accounts and contacts.…The accounts and contacts objects allow teams…to track existing relationships.…And while a lead record will stand by itself,…an account can have one or many contacts,…just as a company can have many employees.…Accounts represent companies or organization,…and just as with leads, the correct permissions,…these database objects within Salesforce…permit the storage and editing of account and contact data,…as well as tracking of activities, sending your emails…and uploading your files.…
Just to be clear, I store information about companies…and other entities in accounts,…and then the individual people that are affiliated…with them, or who stand alone without a company…in the contacts section within Salesforce.…It's always fine to store contacts that have no affiliation…with an account, that's absolutely fine…it happens all the time.…And it's also fine to have an account with no contacts…however I'm typically associating a contact…with an account in my workflow,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.