Learn how to convert a lead into an Account/Contact pair, or add a contact and account that is not already in the system.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about accounts and contacts.…The accounts and contacts object allows teams…to track existing relationships.…While a lead record stands alone,…an account could have one or many contacts…just as a company could have many employees.…Just as with leads, with the correct permissions…these objects permit the storage and editing…of account and contact data…as well as tracking activities,…sending emails, and uploading files.…To be clear, I store information…about companies and other entities in accounts,…and then the individual people in contacts.…
It's fine to store contacts that are not associated…with accounts and well as accounts with no contacts,…however I'm typically associating contacts…with my accounts in my workflow.…Records can be added directly or a lead can be converted.…A converted lead is split into both an account…and contact pair.…Accounts and contacts can also be imported…from an external file.…In my workflow I regularly convert leads…rather than directly adding accounts and contacts…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.