Learn how to protect communications on your network with TLS/SSL with PKI for trusted encryption and identity verification.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Sean Colins. Welcome to Understanding SSL. In this course, I'll present the concepts of SSL communications, certificate authorities, public key infrastructure, symmetric and asymmetric key pairs, cryptographic hash functions and encryption algorithms. As you roll up your sleeves and work alongside me, you will dig into the command line and actually use openssl to create your own private certificate authority. And you'll use that to play with and learn how to create certificates as well as revoke and renew them.
Now, let's get started with Understanding SSL.
- SSL communications
- Certificate authorities
- Public key infrastructures
- Symmetric and asymmetric key pairs
- Cryptographic hash functions
- Encryption algorithms
Start now, and by the end of this course you'll have the knowledge to create SSL certificates, as well as revoke and renew them, from the command line.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is SSL and Where Is SSL Used?
2. How Do SSL Certificates Work?
3. How Do Signatures Work?
Understanding hashing5m 31s
4. Common Types of SSL Certificates
5. Using Certificates
6. Check Your Expiration Dates
7. Protecting Your Security Investment
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.