- [Instructor] This last problem is the most difficult…of the database clinic problem set.…It involves not only database manipulation…but also some data science forecasting.…At this point, I assume that you understand…basics of SQL such as SELECT and FROM, JOIN, and GROUP BY,…so I won't spend a lot of time explaining…those parts of the code.…When I first considered this problem,…I found it useful to carefully think about…what it was I was being asked to do.…
That sounds obvious, but it's easy to get diverted…away from the actual problem.…When you're doing data science, be sure you know…what you're being asked to discover.…In this case, we're being asked for a forecast…of an educational demand for California…up to the year of 2060.…To do this, we're given two datasets.…We've seen the first dataset before,…the California Population Projection,…and that provides population forecasts up to 2060.…This is a large file, almost 250 megabytes…and 3.5 million records.…
The size of this data is going to require us…to do some special manipulation in SQL.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of SQLite
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Calculations with SQLite and Python
- Searching a database
- Subqueries and queries in SQLite
- CRUD operations in SQLite with R
Skill Level Intermediate
1. SQLite in Five Minutes
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.