- [Instructor] The Python scripts that we're going…to use for this challenge assume that…A Midsummers Nights Dream.txt and Characters.txt…are located in the exercise files folder,…next to the Python scripts.…If that's not the case with your installation,…you'll need to add them.…Creation of an SQLite database and tables is simple,…and the Python script reflects that simplicity.…
It only takes 64 lines of code,…most of which are comments or related to timing.…I've opened the script in Python IDLE,…a very basic Python development environment.…I'm going to run the script,…we'll take a look at the results,…and then I'll come back and explain the highlights…of that script for you.…So to run the script, I go to Python, run, run module.…Python runs and immediately returns back a cursor,…which means that it's executed successfully.…
We could take a look at what actually happened…by looking in the exercise files folder,…and we find that there is shakespear.sqlite,…which is the database that was created…by the Python script.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of SQLite
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Calculations with SQLite and Python
- Searching a database
- Subqueries and queries in SQLite
- CRUD operations in SQLite with R
Skill Level Intermediate
1. SQLite in Five Minutes
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.