Get the data you need for analysis and reporting by writing your own SQL code. Learn how to write basic SQL queries, sort and filter data, and join results from different tables and data sets.
- View Offline
- [Emma] Hi, I'm Emma Saunders and this is SQL for Data Reporting and Analysis. This course will teach you how to retrieve and manipulate data from a database. By the end you will be able to build your own queries to report data, adding filters, merging fields, running calculations and grouping your results. You will also know a bit about database design. To help you avoid common pitfalls in writing queries. This course is aimed at technically able business people, rather than IT staff.
If you report or analyze data, this course can help you to become more efficient, by working with your database directly. So, let's get started.
Join Emma Saunders as she shows you how to design and write simple SQL queries for data reporting and analysis. Review the different types of SQL, and then learn how to filter, group, and sort data, using built-in SQL functions to format or calculate results. Learn a bit about data types and database design. Discover how to perform more complex queries, such as joining data together from different database tables. Last but not least, Emma shows how to save your queries as views, so you can run them again and again.
- Using different versions of SQL
- Retrieving data with SELECT statements
- Filtering and sorting your results
- Transforming results with built-in SQL functions
- Grouping SQL results
- Merging data from multiple tables
- Identifying data types, and how to make sense of your database design
- Saving SQL queries