- View Offline
- Understanding SQL terminology and syntax
- Creating new tables and records
- Inserting and updating data
- Writing basic SQL queries
- Sorting and filtering
- Accessing related tables with JOIN
- Working with strings
- Finding the numeric type of a value
- Using aggregate functions and transactions
- Updating a table with triggers
- Creating views
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman and welcome to SQL Essential Training. The goal of this course is to provide you with the basic knowledge that you need to use SQL effectively in any database environment. We'll start with the basics. How databases are organized, and in particular, how relational databases work. I'll explain how to use the Select statement, how to create, update and delete data from your tables, how to effectively format your code and how the basic structure of SQL works. I'll cover data types, aggregate queries, transactions and other features of this powerful database language.
Finally, I'll show you a full-working CRUD application. CRUD is an acronym for the four basic functions of any database application, Create, Read, Update and Delete. Understanding SQL will serve you well in coding and managing relational databases and your database applications. So let's get started with SQL Essential Training.