Here are some examples of operational SELECT queries in a fully functional database application written in PHP.
- [Instructor] In this lesson, … I'll show you the SELECT queries in the CRUD application. … Here, you'll see how I navigate the differences … between database engines in an application … that's designed to support several. … This is not meant to be a comprehensive tutorial … on database programming. … Rather, this is a quick overview … of how I've implemented database queries … in this sample application. … Feel free to use this as a starting point … for your own applications. … So here we have the crud.php file from the Exercise files. … And you'll notice that the first thing I do here … is I start with define statements, … most of which are commented out … for the different database engines. … So, if we're going to be using Postgres, … we'll uncomment these and comment all the other ones. … I'll uncomment these for SQLite 3, … which is the state that's in it now. … And we'll uncomment these for MySQL. … And you can only have … one of these sections uncommented at a time. … You'll notice I have a few global variables here, …
This course was created by Bill Weinman. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- How databases are organized
- Selecting rows and columns
- Creating new tables
- Inserting and updating data
- Sorting and filtering
- Accessing related tables with JOIN
- Working with strings
- Understanding numeric types
- Using aggregate functions and transactions
- Automating data with triggers
- Creating views
- Using CRUD functions
Skill Level Beginner
2. SQL Overview
3. Fundamental Concepts
7. Dates and Times
Dates and times2m 6s
11. Views and Subselects
12. A Simple CRUD Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.